The technique of the aerodynamic separation of bulk materials based on the relative density is, until now, one of the most effective technological systems for the processing of agricultural products. This process in many cases is more preferable, especially in the field of seeds preparation and in the sphere of food grain production.
The sieveless aerodynamic grain separating machine “Almaz” is based exactly on this method. This machine is produced by the Private Enterprise Industrial Company “Agrotech”.
The principle action, useful model, and industrial design of the machine is protected by three patents in Ukraine and two patents in the Russian Federation. In addition, the patent application has been filed with the aim to obtain a Euro-Asian patent that spreads among the countries of the Euro-Asian Convention.
It should be noted that the Private Enterprise Industrial Company “Agrotech” is the only enterprise that produces the separating machine of the trade mark “Almaz” and a LICENSE for the right of production of the machines of this type HAS NOT BEEN GIVEN to any other enterprises.
This universal separating machine was created in 2001 as an alternative to the traditional grain cleaning systems.
In November 2001, the machine was tested on the grain processing and storage complex of the joint-stock company “Agrosoyuz” whose business activity is aimed at constant development and innovation.
Since then, the machine has undergone significant changes concerning its working parameters and the external design. All the changes were aimed at improving the consumer properties and quality of work, as well as the expansion of the range’s performance.
At this time, the enterprise produces 6 modifications of separating machines with productivity range from 2 tons per hour to 100 tons per hour.
The main advantages, for example, are the following:
Universality and multifunctionality
Due to the high productivity and excellent ability of separation, the machine can make pre-cleaning, primary and second cleaning, simultaneously separating the grains or seeds by its relative density for one working process. At the time of this process, the most biologically valuable, homogeneous seeds of ear (wheat, rye, barley, corn) and heads (sunflower) are selected. These seeds germinate and sprout maximally.
Thank to this, it is possible to carry out the sowing process using a much lower quantity of seeds (without side grain and weed impurities). In addition, simultaneous ripening (because of high-quality homogeneous seeds) allows the gathering of harvest without losses. In general, the use of good seeds increases the crop yield up to 20–25% minimum.
In other words, the machine can actually replace 2–3 types of machines connected in one technological chain. This mechanism can work properly as a single working unit or as a part of a technological line as well.
The absence of damaged grain
This is achieved by the process of cleaning and separation that occurs inside of the air stream without the presence of any sieves. In addition, the height from which the seeds are falling and the speed of this fall meet scientific-grounded recommendations on this matter.
The low level of energy consumption
“Almaz” consumes 1.2 kW of electricity (by capacity of 4 t/h) to 37.25 kW of electricity (productivity of 100 t/h).
Reliability and durability
The simplicity of the construction, absence of complex kinematical schemes, and lubrication points of “Almaz” all provide for its high reliability and durability.
High economic effect of exploitation
The machine does not require expensive qualified periodic maintenance or operational materials as there is no need for the selection and replacement of the sieves for every type of grain. There is also no necessity of thorough or long periods of cleaning of the machine after each culture.
High technological opportunity
“Almaz” has the following ability:
- to separate from the wheat of the 6th class the grain of the 3rd and 4th classes (if any)
- to select the grains damaged by the corn bug (Eurygaster integriceps) and wheat weevil (Sitophilus granaries);
- to clean the grains of wheat from wild oats (Avéna fátua) and oats;
- to separate the mixture of wheat and barley up to 60% for one operation;
- to select the peas damaged by bruchus (Bruchus pisorum);
- to separate rotten corn from healthy corn;
- to provide for the simultaneous drying of grain up to 2% per pass, along the process of cleaning and calibrating in the air flow;
- to select from the row crop the most viable and productive grains;
- to select the grains of wheat with a high content of gluten. Due to the ability of the machine to allocate grain with the largest relative density in fractions of the 2nd and 3rd classes separate the most dense, executed, and substantial grain with a high content of protein and gluten;
- to work as a sorting machine on the grouts mills, dividing the grouts into 7 fractions according to the size of its particles, selecting the flour from the mixture. As a result of this process, the grouts obtain a good marketable appearance;
- to process practically any seeds and grains – from small-seeds (lucerne, poppy, rape) to the corn, legumes, and seeds of sugar beets;
and many more benefits...
Therefore, as indicated hereinabove, the range of applicability of the aerodynamic machine “Almaz” is really wide. Basically, they are used for:
- separating from the grains mixture all heavy and light impurities that differ from the main grain;
- selecting grains in accordance to its relative density, allocating the most biologically valuable grains, which are characterized by the maximum germination and sprouting;
- dividing the mixture of different grains and cultures;
- separating different kinds of grouts thereby giving these products a good marketable appearance.
It is possible to use “Almas” in very different spheres of agricultural production and processing: breeding stations, seed plants, big agricultural enterprises, grain storage enterprises or agricultural farms of different kinds. The aim of this application can be the preparation of high quality and, at the same time, chip seeds or food grains. And this process can be made without any help. “Almaz” is all you need.
All of this does not mean that “Almas” is some sort of panacea that can solve all problems in the field of grain processing but it can in many cases replace the whole expensive technological line for the preparation and processing of grain, and opens new opportunities for agricultural producers and their co-operators.
Special attention was and still is paid to the process of the creation and production of the “Almaz” machine. This is a question of paramount importance, starting from the quality of the materials and component parts and ending with a general culture of products. All of these approaches can be easily estimated just by taking a look at “Almaz”.
Besides the system of quality control that ensures the reliable and stable consumer properties of production, our enterprise strictly follows other conditions of compatibility that allow our products to freely enter the markets of CIS-member states. And, in the first stage, this is the necessary certification of finished products for compliance with the state standards, first of all, in Ukraine and Russia.
“Almaz” had passed the state receiving tests in “Ukrainian scientific research Institute of forecasting techniques and technologies for the agricultural production of L. Pogorelov” and are certified in the UkrSEPRO system. The certificate of conformity in the system of GOST R of the Russian Federation was also obtained.
Upon delivery, each “Almaz” is issued the certificate of conformity.